There is one prerequisite for frikkadelle which is that they be soft and juicy just like my mom’s. This recipe does justice to this! The frikkadelle can be made smaller if so desired.
7-14 servings 1¼ hours 15 min prep
|1||kg minced beef|
|2||tablespoons apple cider vinegar|
|1||tablespoon Worcestershire sauce|
|2||tablespoons soup mix|
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Peel tomatoes and onions and chop roughly.
- Braise in oil until soft.
- Mix half tomato and onion mix with mince and oatmeal.
- Add milk, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Shape 14 large frikkadelle from the mixture and place them close together in a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Mix the water and soup powder and pour this over the frikkadelle.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Spoon the remaining onion and tomato mixture over the frikkadelle and continue baking until nicely browned on the top.
© 2007 Recipezaar. All Rights Reserved. http://www.recipezaar.com