|1||can||or cold cooked pumpkin||375 ml||Sugar|
|250||ml||cake flour||15 ml||Butter|
|10||ml||baking powder||200 ml||Milk|
|2||ml||Salt||15 ml||cornflour dissolved in|
|1||egg, lightly beaten||100ml||Cold water|
- Mix all ingredients for pumpkin fritters well.
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a frying pan and drop in spoonfuls of the batter. Fry the fritters on both sides until golden.
- Drain on a kitchen towel.
- Mix all ingredients for the syrup and heat. Stir until the sugar is disolved and the sauce thickens.
- Place fritter in an ovenproof dish and pour warm syrup over.
- Keep warm in oven, the longer it is in the oven the better it gets.
I used 1 cup of Splenda instead of the sugar.
Related: Pampoenkoekies in stroop