- any number of eggs
- same number of bread slices (whole wheat was used above)
- pat of butter
- spray oil can (or something else hollow & circular)
- Heat butter in pan on medium – high heat.
- Take circular object (I used a spray can top) and make a hole in the middle of a slice of bread. Keep cut out circle.
- Place bread in melted butter. Allow to brown for about 30 seconds. At the same time, place cut out bread in pan.
- Next, crack egg in center. Allow to cook until you can’t see the bottom of the pan through the egg anymore.
- Flip both the bread and cut out portion. Allow to cook for another minute or so.
- Plate and eat. Season with salt & pepper. Yolk should be a little runny when cut in to. Use bread and cut out portion to soak it up.
Photo and excellent directions and information from Will work for food
Gabriele’s blog also has a good post.