|1/2||cup vegetable oil||2||teaspoons fresh lemon juice|
|3||medium onions, chopped fine||1/2||teaspoon garam masala|
|2||cloves garlic, chopped||1/4||teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1||ounce fresh ginger, chopped||1/2||teaspoon salt|
|3/4||lb boneless chicken||2||teaspoons tomato paste|
|2||brown cardamom pods||2||bay leaves|
|4||whole cloves||3/4||cup plain yogurt|
|14||whole black peppercorns||tomatoes, Slices|
|2||teaspoons dried coriander||green pepper rings|
|1||teaspoon cumin seeds||cilantro|
|2||teaspoons white poppy seeds|
||cup brown basmati rice|
- Heat oil in large, heavy frying pan and saute onions and garlic until lightly browned.
- Add ginger, fry another minute or two, then transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Add chicken.
- Grind together the cardamom, cloves, peppercorns, dried coriander, cumin and poppy seeds.
- Blend with lemon juice, garam marsala, cayenne, salt, tomato paste, bay leaves and yogurt.
- Stir mixture into vegetable and chicken mixture, cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Using a large, heavy frying pan, cook mixture, covered, over low heat for 10 – 15 minutes, stirring often.
Biryani is a combination of rice with meat, chicken, shrimp, vegetables or fish.
Recipe #8429 by Liara 6 Servings
© 2007 Recipezaar. All Rights Reserved. http://www.recipezaar.com