- 1 kg carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 2 green peppers, halved, insides removed and cut into thin strips
- 2 medium onions, cut into thin rings
- 1 packet of tomato soup
- 250 ml water
- 200ml white vinegar (it MUST be white!)
- 125ml cooking oil
- 250g white sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 generous teaspoon of mustard
- Salt and pepper Boil the carrots in water until almost done. Don’t cook them until they are soft.
Rinse under cold water, and drain.
In a large non-metal dish arrange the carrots, green peppers and onions in layers.
In a saucepan pour all the other ingredients and bring to the boil, stirring all the time.
Boil for two minutes, remove from the heat and pour over the vegetable mix.
Let it cool, seal it with a lid or tin foil and place it in the refrigerator for two days.
Recipe from: iafrica
I used Splenda ® instead of sugar, white wine vinegar and a 284 ml can of Tomato soup without extra water, instead of the packet of instant soup.
Related: Koperpennie Slaai