playfully quaint or fanciful, especially in an appealing and amusing way.
“a whimsical sense of humor”
Aqua Writings Artist paper by Hillary Duysen from Stampington & Company, watercolor pencils, cotton buds, pencil, eraser, pencil eraser, baby oil, White Gesso, foam brush, white acrylic paint, ink, eye-shadow applicator, thin black marker, etc.
My Process. Added White Gesso to the art paper, where the face will be, using a foam brush, to make the background pattern lighter.
- Attached sketch front to a window using tape, to go over with a pencil for tracing.
- Sketch traced onto art paper.
- Sketch done with a thin marker, so that the pencil lines do not smudge when using the baby oil.
- Pencil lines erased.
- Pink watercolor pencil added to face.
- Watercolor blended with baby oil using a cotton bud.
- Hair added with pencil, hair done with a thin black marker and pencil lines erased.