Banff Lake Louise Tourism
“The Town of Banff sits at an elevation of 1,383 metres (4,537 feet) making it the highest town in Canada” – Town of Banff
“Styled after a Scottish Baronial Castle, The Fairmont Banff Springs hotel is located in the heart of Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.” – Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
“Several classic Hollywood films of the 1950s depicted famous movie stars being swept over Bow Falls, including Marilyn Monroe, Robert Mitchum… even the son of Lassie.” – Town of Banff
We had a great lunch at The Old Spaghetti Factory in Banff.
At what elevation does an elk become a moose?
“How do the elk know they’re supposed to cross at the “Elk Crossing” signs?
How far is Banff from Canada?
Those are some of the queries posed by visitors to Canada’s beautiful Banff National Park.
Following are some more actual questions asked by Banff Park tourists:
- Are the bears with collars tame?
- Is there anywhere I can see the bears pose?
- Is it OK to keep an open bag of bacon on the picnic table, or should I store it in my tent?
- I saw an animal on the way to Banff today. Could you tell me what it was?
- Are there birds in Canada?
- Did I miss the turnoff for Canada?
- Where does Alberta end and Canada begin?
- Do you have a map of the State of Jasper?
- Is this the part of Canada that speaks French, or is that Saskatchewan?
- If I go to B.C., do I have to go through Ontario?
- Which is the way to the Columbia Rice Fields?
- What’s the best way to see Canada in a day?
- Do they search you at the B.C. border?
- When we enter B.C. do we have to convert our money to British pounds?
- So it’s eight kilometers away… is that in miles?
- Is that two kilometers by foot or by car?
- Don’t you Canadians know anything?
- Where do you put the animals at night?
- How do you get your lakes so blue?
And in case you were wondering, here are the answers to the questions we posed earlier:
- An elk becomes a moose at the tree line.
- Elk go to “Crossing School” shortly before they leave their mothers, to learn how to recognize the safe crossing signs.
- Banff is quite close to Canada; you can drive there in under an hour.
View of the Bow river from Tunnel Mountain Drive
Approximately 2 km, 20 m elevation gain
“Tunnel Mountain Drive is located between the Banff Centre and Tunnel Mountain Road. Much of this road is closed to vehicles in the winter, but remains open to pedestrian traffic. It provides splendid views of the Bow Valley and can connect with the Bow River / Hoodoo Trail to make a longer loop.“ – Parks Canada
25 May 2005
Town of Banff
From Surprise corner
Town of Banff
“Locally known as Surprise Corner (but there is no sign), this is the spot where most of the famous pictures have been taken of the historic Banff Springs Hotel“
Tok at the frozen Bow falls in the Town of Banff
Please click on thumb-nail
Nikon D300 ©
1 February 2010